GFA dissolved by Ghana government

Share

"The chairperson of the adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee has provisionally banned the President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) and FIFA Council member, Mr Kwesi Nyantakyi, for a duration of 90 days.

I gravely associated the highest office of the land -the presidency- with private discussions I had with "scammers" who deceived me into thinking they were genuine persons interested in investing in our country", Nyantakyi said in his resignation letter sent to the GFA General Secretary.

Specifically, Nyantakyi requested $5 million for Akufo-Addo, $3 million for Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia, $2 million for the roads minister, $1 million for a deputy roads minister and another $1 million for him and one of his aides. The Ghana Football Association issued a statement last month backing their president and saying he was innocent until proven guilty.

"In the said report I committed a series of errors of indiscretion".

A press release from FIFA, yesterday, announced Nyantakyi's ban from all football-related activities at both national and global levels, leaving him with no option than to resign.

"I am yet to recover from the shock - It's a sad day for Ghana football and I believe there's an urgent need to clean up our football administration", 42-year old soccer enthusiast Michael Blagogee told Reuters as he exited the auditorium holding his head.

‘All systems go’ for Trump-Kim summit, Singapore diplomat says
Kim has the "opportunity the likes of which, almost, if you look into history, very few people have ever had", Trump said. The ensuing recognition as a "normal country" could then allow sanctions relief, and later worldwide aid and investment.

According to a statement signed by the country's Information Minister, Mustapha Amid, the government expressed indignation at the contents of Anas' video.

And the government of the Republic of Ghana Akufo-Addo who was even mentioned in the video by the GFA president in his quest to use his name to collect monies from investors is taking steps to dissolve the Ghana football governing body the the rots that have engulfed it.

Provisional measures will be put in place to run the sport in Ghana until a new body is formed.

A police vehicle is pictured at the premises of Ghana Football Association in Accra.

BBC African football analyst Nick Cavell says it seems unlikely that Ghana will be able to take part in Wednesday's vote for the next host of the 2026 World Cup.

Share