Texas man bitten by severed rattlesnake head almost dies

Share

Mr Sutcliffe and his wife Jennifer were gardening outside their home, near Lake Corpus Christi in southern Texas, at the end of May.

She said the first 24 hours were the worst.

The skull of an Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake. In a separate incident a man was bitten by the severed head of a rattlesnake. She said he bent down to pick up the remains to discard and was bitten by the severed head, injecting a super dose of venom with its dying twitch.

"The head actually turned around and grabbed onto his hand".

"I heard him screaming that it had bit him", said Mrs Sutcliffe, who was in the house at the time.

If you're bitten by a rattlesnake, don't attempt to suck out the venom.

He decapitated the snake with a forceful strike of a shovel and assumed the danger had passed.

Serena on to 3rd round at French Open
The 23-time Grand Slam victor used her serve, which is her biggest weapon to great effect in the decider, breaking the third game. And then, suddenly, after unleashing one powerful backhand return victor that she punctuated with a shout, Williams was back.

WARNING: Disturbing image below.

Jennifer immediately got Jeremy into the auto and called 911 to figure out what local hospital had antivenom.

The key to surviving a snakebite, says Halpert, is to get medical help immediately if not sooner; nearly all victims of fatal snakebites in recent years died, at least in part, because they either refused medical treatment or didn't get it soon enough. So she met up with an ambulance and then a helicopter, which flew the 40-year-old to the hospital as his organs were already shutting down.

The doctors gave him antivenom CroFab in great amounts as they were not sure whether he will survive or not. Eventually, Jeremy was put into an induced coma and placed on a ventilator. The average number for snake bite is four doses, Mrs Sutcliffe said.

After narrowly avoiding death, the man is now in recovery, but his kidney function is still weak.

Meanwhile, Trauma surgeon Michael told reporters that Jennifer did the right thing in calling for help as soon as possible.

Share