Two JeM militants killed, 2 jawans injured in Kashmir's Shopian encounter: IGP


Two unidentified terrorists were killed during an overnight encounter with security forces in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir today. We also looked for the third militant, but I think before the cordon was laid he must have escaped. In the morning Jan, 30, was killed when she was hit by a bullet near the encounter site. Two JeM militants were killed in this encounter.

Police said, "One army personnel received injuries and one more militant could be still trapped inside". Officials said three of the seriously injured have been shifted to Srinagar for specialised treatment.

"A police spokesman said that during the encounter, on the request of family, police made repeated announcement to get Tanveer surrendered, but he refused the offer". A joint operation was conducted by the army (44 Rashtriya Rifles), Shopian police and CRPF. She later succumbed to the wound at Pulwama district hospital.

The police official further said that some miscreants pelted stones at security forces during the operation, prompting use of crowd control weapons, including tear gas to disperse them. Their condition was however reported to be stable.

Panthers hold off Packers, spoil Aaron Rodgers' return
But they proved on this Sunday that when it's time to take the field they can put those issues aside and play at a high level. His biggest mistake was muffing an onsides kick that gave Rodgers one last chance to tie in the final minutes.

Also Tuesday, rescue teams recovered three bodies of soldiers who were swept away last week by an avalanche near the heavily militarized Line of Control, the de facto border which divides Kashmir between India and Pakistan.

The exchange of intermittent firing continued for the whole night while during wee hours, the armed forces planted an explosive device in the house and razed it.

On Sunday, a taxi driver, Asif Iqbal, was killed in Kupwara district of north Kashmir.

The separatist leaders of Jammu and Kashmir have called for a complete shutdown on Wednesday to protest the killing of the civilians.