The story really rattled cages because it reported Fox News renewed O'Reilly's contract - for $25 million per year for four years - after O'Reilly reached a settlement with Wiehl.
The New York Times reported Saturday that executives at 21st Century Fox were aware of the sexually graphic complaints made by former colleague Lis Wiehl before giving O'Reilly his big payday in February.
His new contract, which was made at a time typical for renewals of multi-year talent contracts, added protections for the company specifically aimed at harassment, including that Mr. O'Reilly could be dismissed if the company was made aware of other allegations or if additional relevant information was obtained in a company investigation.
"21st Century Fox has taken concerted action to transform Fox News, including installing new leaders, overhauling management and on-air talent, expanding training, and increasing the channels through which employees can report harassment or discrimination". They note that O'Reilly's new contract stipulated they had the ability to fire him should new allegations arise.
He also denounced newspaper for not printing what he said was an affidavit signed by Wiehl withdrawing her allegations following the settlement.
The Times reached out to O'Reilly himself for comment, and he was predictably combative, telling the interviewer, "This is frightful, it's disgusting what I went through, awful what my family went through".
Maryland shooting suspect fired from earlier job
Hunt said emergency vehicles came toward them with sirens on and employees were ordered inside and to stay on a lockdown. Prince often paid his rent late, but was always polite and cooperative, said Heather Todd, of Homes for Rent.
In a statement, 21st Century Fox said it was not privy to the amount of the Wiehl settlement and believed that January settlement with her was a personal matter. "The Times ignored that evidence, sworn under oath, and chose to rely on unsubstantiated allegations, anonymous sources and incomplete leaked or stolen documents", he wrote.
He cautioned the Murdochs that they ought to expect points of interest from the January settlement to wind up plainly open.
O'Reilly personally paid two of these five settlements.
As other accusations swirled around FNC before, during and since, O'Reilly was finally canned after it was revealed that over $10 million had been paid out to settle other sexual harassment claims against him.
Bill O'Reilly attends the Hollywood Reporter's 2016 35 Most Powerful People in Media at Four Seasons Restaurant on April 6, 2016 in New York City.
The latest story, however, will rock Fox News further. When the charges against him first appeared, O'Reilly also found an ally in fellow alleged groper President Trump, who said "I don't think Bill did anything wrong".