British boy missing in Barcelona attack is confirmed dead

Share

It has been confirmed that seven-year-old Australian boy Julian Cadman was among those killed in the Barcelona terror attack.

Julian was killed when a van ploughed into crowds in the Spanish city's busy Las Ramblas district on Thursday.

Our thoughts are with Julian's friends and family during this awful time.

Mrs Cadman was seriously injured and remains in a coma, unaware of her son's death, a senior Catalan government source said. He was so energetic, amusing and cheeky, always bringing a smile to our faces. We are so honored to have had him in our lives and will recall his grins and hold his memory dear to our souls.

The family also thanked everyone who assisted in search for Cadman.

'His family have our deepest sympathies at this very hard time.

The van attack on Barcelona's La Rambla left at least 13 people dead, while one more woman died in a similar incident in Cambrils.

"They have been provided with some expert advice around that and the counsellors are in classrooms and supporting staff during the course of the day", Mr Rix told the ABC on Monday.

British Prime Minister Theresa May said the United Kingdom is urgently looking into reports a child with dual nationality, believed to be Julian, is missing, the BBC reports.

PRIME Minister Theresa May said she is "sickened by the senseless loss of life in Barcelona" following Thursday's deadly attack.

AP said police believe the cell wanted to load the vans with explosives for a big attack, but their plans changed after the house where their plot was being hatched blew up on Wednesday in Alcanar.

Hong Kong jailings could lend democracy cause greater legitimacy
The three judges at the appeals court were in agreement that tougher sentences were warranted to deter unlawful protests. Wong and Law were originally given community service orders, and Chow a three-week suspended jail sentence, last year.

"I was with the mother, the Australian mother, until the doctor came", Fouad Bakkali said.

The diocese has also offered Julian's family any help they need.

Family and friends of Suria Intan, including Emi Intan, are met by consular officials at Barcelona airport on Saturday.

"Julian is seven-years-old and was out with Jom when they were separated, due to the recent terrorist activity", he said in a Facebook post.

A British seven-year-old was confirmed to be among the Barcelona terror attack victims, 10 United States sailors were missing after a destroyer collided with an oil tanker, and Big Ben is set to bong for one last time.

The pair had been visiting Barcelona for a wedding when they were caught up in the attack.

She is in a hospital where she is in a serious but stable condition.

Other victims have been named as Belgian mother-of-two Elke Vanbockrijck, 44, Spanish grandfather Francisco López Rodríguez, 57, Italian engineer Luca Russo, 25, Spanish woman Pepita Codina, 75, and Canadian father Ian Moore Wilson, 53.

"We appreciate all the prayers and love", she wrote. But police said this was "false information".

Hours after the Barcelona attack, police shot dead five men wearing fake explosive belts in the resort of Cambrils, after they rammed holidaymakers with a auto and stabbed others, killing one woman.

The hunt for the man suspected of driving the van continues with Spanish police looking for 22-year-old Moroccan, Younes Abouyaaqoub.

Share